The Balnarring Primary School Council plays a key role in the governance of the school, and in supporting the Principal and Staff to achieve the best possible learning environment for the students.
It is a rewarding role, as the Council is responsible for:
- participating in the development of the School’s Strategic Plan, a document which establishes the direction of the school for the next four years;
- approving the annual budget and monitoring the expenditure;
- developing, reviewing and updating school policies;
- maintaining the school’s grounds and facilities;
- entering into contracts including cleaning;
- promoting the school in the wider community.
The School Council is made up of 8 elected parents and can have ex-officio members invited by the Council for their contribution. The Principal, Assistant Principal and DET representatives (members of staff) also attend School Council meetings.
Council members are elected for a 2 year term. Half the membership is elected or co-opted each year.
The school community is very appreciative of the amount of time and commitment generously given by the School Council!