At Balnarring Primary School, we aim to develop competent, curious learners who strive to do their best and respect and care for themselves, others and the environment.
Hence the ‘Balnarring Way’ is to….
- Respect and care for self
- Respect and care for others
- Respect and care for the environment
- Always do our best
The expected attitude and behaviour, both in the classroom and playground, sits comfortably within the ‘Balnarring Way’ framework….
- You are being respectful and caring of yourself by wearing your hat.
- You are respecting others when you invite them to join your game.
- You are respecting and caring for the environment by putting your wrappers back in your lunchbox.
- You are improving your learning by ‘doing your best’.
The ‘Balnarring Way’ underpins the school’s Social Emotional Learning (S.E.L) initiative and is intertwined in all teaching and learning programs delivered across the school.
Each week the children participate in a variety of activities in our ‘We Care’ hour. These sessions help to support the development of healthy, happy and resilient young people.
A number of programs are drawn upon to devise these sessions including ‘You Can Do It’, ‘Bounce Back’ and the Department of Education’s ‘Rights. Resilience and Respectful Relationships’.
Children participate in activities that focus on:
- Emotional literacy
- Personal strengths
- Positive coping
- Problem solving
- Stress management
- Gender and identity
- Positive gender relations
The school is proud to have been asked to be a ‘Lead School’ in the roll out of the 4R’s program.
The ‘Balnarring Way’ is evident when watching our students at work and play!